IIDC Statement of Impartiality
IIDC fully understand the importance of impartiality in delivering valuable Halal certification services, managing potential conflicts of interests and ensuring the objectivity of the entire process. The management of IIDC hereby declares that the company shall continue to provide certification services based on the principles of impartiality, objectivity and strict avoidance of the conflict of interest. IIDC management and Staff will at all times maintain their impartiality and independence so that the decisions resulting from the certification activities are not influenced or prejudiced by direct or indirect interests or agenda. Therefore, they ensure that in dealings with current or potential customers, they are, and will remain, impartial. IIDC in order to ensure the Credibility and Impartiality of the Certification processes has identified and assessed all relationships which may result in a conflict of interest or pose a threat to impartiality. Moreover, a separate Committee for Safeguarding Impartiality has been established, and regular meetings will take place to ensure continued compliance and impartiality principles. The committee has been assigned among its duties and responsibilities (which in details stated in the Document 6.2.) to:
- Identify risks related to impartiality and approve measures to reduce or eliminate such threats.
- Monitors the aspects influencing trust and reliability of certification by controlling the principal indicators (procedures, pricing, complaints, etc.).
- Conduct a review, at least annually, of the impartiality of the audit, certification and decision making process of IIDC.
- Provide input to the matters that may affecting impartiality and confidence in IIDC’s Halal certifications, including openness and public perception.
- IIDC managing director sits in the committee meetings as a non- voting member to provide required information and to implement the decisions taken by the Impartiality Committee. The committee can be contacted at office [at] iidc.at.